Avevo iniziato questo post per lasciare traccia, su questo blog, di un momento che il popolo egiziano meritava. Si è trasformato nel racconto di qualcosa che, in questo momento, sta facendo molta paura. Qualcuno ha definito gli avvenimenti di stasera, per come sono stati preparati e per come si sono succeduti, come “tortura emozionale e psicologica di un popolo”. Non credo che esistano definizioni migliori.
L’ultima volta che Suleiman e Mubarak si sono espressi come stasera, il Cairo si è trasformato in un inferno. L’invito di Suleiman ad “andare a casa e non ascoltare le TV satellitari” suona sinistro, come è già successo, e con ragione, in passato. Il suo non è stato un discorso, è stato una minaccia.
Hanno fatto questo alla vigilia di un Venerdì. Non so in cosa vogliano trasformare la rivolta pacifica di un popolo. Qualunque cosa vogliano fare, c’è solo da pregare che i quadri e le truppe dell’esercito non li seguano. Ci sono sere in cui, davvero, c’è solo da pregare e basta, ad esserne capaci.
(I tweet sono in ordine inverso, dal più nuovo al più vecchio. Il primo – quello di Sandmonkey in fondo – è delle 8 di sera, più o meno. L’ultimo, subito qua sotto, è di circa mezz’ora dopo il discorso di Suleiman. Domani li tradurrò in italiano.)
Now: protesters in Alex surround army head quarters chanting: “R U protecting people or R U protecting the dog?” #Egypt
US Official re; Mubarak Speech “Not what we were told would happen, not what we wanted to happen”:
Let me clarify somethinf. We r not leaving tahrir square, we are adding TV building to the liberated zone #Jan25
“I think we are approaching a moment when the army will have to make a real choice on the ground.”
Hundreds of protestors have peeled away from Tahrir. They are marching either to presidential palace or TV headquarters. #Egypt
I want to know what impact this will have on the region. I want to hear from Obama. I want to hear the UAE govt’s assessment of this.#Egypt
Suleiman, a top military and intelligence official, tells protesters to go home. That could well pave the way for a crackdown. #Egypt
Suleiman: “Go back to your houses, go back to your work” “Do not listen to the satellite stations” that want to “weaken #Egypt”
Why do more people have to die?? This will get bloody before we know it, and the great people of #Egypt r determined to finish him off
#Egypt Question. How does that fit with what the Army was saying earlier? It doesn’t.
Mubarack is doing whatever he can to incite violence. Don’t take the bait! Stay with your truth and the power of your cause. #egypt
Did they spread rumors on purpose so the military will be able to “justify” what happens next?
#Egypt A COMMITTEE… He really did say that. He’s going to form a cmmtee.
E poi sugli schermi è apparso Mubarak.
- #reasonsmubarakislate waiting for Bin Ali call to confirm his hotel room
- He’s explaining to his sons why they can’t have daddy’s job.#ReasonsMubarakisLate
- Seeing whether he can take the pyramids with him.#ReasonsMubarakIsLate
- Is arguing with Soliman whether its called “Brother Muslimhood” or “Muslim Brotherhood” #ReasonsMubarakisLate
- When you’re a hated former dictator, getting a cab is a lot harder than you’d think.#ReasonsMubarakIsLate
- He’s trying to Google Map Saudi Arabia but forgot he shut down the internet. #ReasonsMubarakIsLate
- “You mean NOW? I’m supposed to leave now?! I thought we agreed on September!!” #ReasonsMubarakIsLate
- #reasonsmubarakislate He pissed off Egyptians for 30 years, what’s stopping him from doing it one last time?
- #reasonsmubarakislate He wants to update his Facebook status but has to get it unbanned.
- #ReasonsMubarakIsLate His chauffeur is at Tahrir square
The word “revolutionary” is not exclusive anymore to “activists.” Every Egyptian citizen is a revolutionary today. #Jan25
- Of course 10 pm means anything between 11 pm and 1 am here in Egypt. Or maybe we’re looking at military precision? #Jan25
- RT: @Remroum Changing the system from Chief Despot to Cheif Torturer is NOT change. Egyptians have been CLEAR! #Egypt#Mubarak #Jan25
- RT @rabbitandcrow: I dunno. Whenever I see the #Vodafone logo now, I just see dead Egyptians. #Jan25 #Egypt
- Uninstalling military dictatorship … ██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ …5.1% complete #Egypt#Jan25 #Tahrir #TheStruggleContinues
- RT @bencnn: The change in State TV’s tone is fascinating. Is Information Minister Anas Al-Fiqi still in control? #Tahrir #Egypt#Jan25
- Today in Tahrir I saw a man talking to his 2-year old girl saying: “I was your age when he came to power!” #jan25
- Hey, those of you who pray, step up your prayers for #Egypt. Major things going down here. Pray 4 Peace, Freedom, Unity. #Jan25 #fb
- Like it or Not, Egypt is making history and the Egyptian youth are proud of their ethnicity for the first time in their lives #Tahrir #Jan25
- You know the regime is on its way out when people start resigning from NDP and going on AJE to say it. #Egypt #Jan25
- Ya Hosny: you don’t have to make a statement on TV, you should post it on #Facebook or #Twitter – #Jan25 #Egypt #LoL
- Driving thru Cairo traffic.People already beeping horns & waving V for victory signs. #jan25 #egypt #fb
- marwameRT @jnoubiyeh: People protesting in #Tahrir Square are clear: “No to#Mubarak! No to #Suleiman! #Egypt will be free!” #Jan25
- Crowd in Tahrir Square just chanted “civil, civil, not military!” we don’t want Mubarak to hand over to military rule #Egypt #Tahrir
- The crowds are going crazy here at Tahrir! People are passing out sweets, patting each other on back, and chanting non stop! #jan25
- Tonight’s prayer of Egyptians, Arabs, and all democracy activists: “tomorrow’s rally is a celebration of freedom.” #Egypt #Tahrir #jan26
- #Jan25 – #Feb10 all over world ppl feel this is the night for#FreeEgypt , ppl in #Tahrir are already free, now its time for rest of#Egypt
- Mubarak is giving a speech tonight, either he will step down or he will tell us that he’s pregnant #egypt #jan25 #tahrir
- @monaeltahawyMona Eltahawy If #Mubarak really gone, huge MABROUK to brave sisters and brothers in #Egypt but revolution was vs regime, not just Mubarak #Jan25
- EngyG Engy Ghozlan da monaeltahawy The streets are EMPTY! everyone holding their breath…rabena yestor.
- @SultanAlQassemiSultan Al Qassemi Al Jazeera Mubasher breaking: NBC: Mubarak will step down tonight #Jan25
- ZeinobiaRT @Messrologist: The Supreme Command Council Convened without Mubarak unequivocally means they have acknowledged the legitimacy of the revolution #jan25
- RT @AhmedSoliman: Yes PLEASE RT @Ghonim Guys, dont do much speculations for now. Just wait and see#Jan25
- Sandmonkey su Twitter: We dunno if this is good news yet. If u believe in god, its time to pray